2012 "Your word is truth."-John 17:17

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Poem of Hope




I dreamed that I prayed to Jehovah on high,

Complained of my troubles and started to cry.
I said to Jehovah, I can’t take it no more!
Please bring it real soon, your great day of war!
I endured every day at the end of my rope,
I just do not see anyway I can cope.
I face constant pressure each day without doubt.
With all of my problems there’s just no way out.
He patiently listened as on bended knee,
I griped and complained about what bothered me.
His loving concern as I emptied my head,
Made me feel so secure in his love when He said:
I understand just what you’re going through,
This time of the end makes it harder for you.
But you see, I too have been waiting so long,
And I must make sure my people are strong.
Since the very first couple, Adam and Eve,
My heart has been many times since made to grieve.
Though I sent my son down to earth just to die,
Most people rejected what his life could buy.
I’ve been pushed aside by all those I love,
For other false gods they have put high above.
They even say I don’t exist or am dead,
That life just evolved from the monkeys instead.
I surely don’t want you to suffer or cry,
I’ll give you my strength on which to rely.
You need to endure but please do not doubt,
If it gets too tough, I’ll provide the way out.
The New World is near so endure to the end,
For I am Jehovah and I am your friend.
The life that’s ahead is worth oh so much more,
You’ll take such delight in what I have in store.
Just think what it will be like in paradise,
Why even the dead from the tombs will arise!
You’ll feel so much better and have joy each day,
Your memories of troubles will soon pass away.
These promises given will surely come true,
And it won’t be long before all will be new.
So please be determined endure to the end,
For I am Jehovah your savior and friend.

No comments: